Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

No Adsense On Websites With No Contact Info And Hidden Whois?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6331 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:22 AM

I just read the following quote from Google's Andrea Faville on SearchEngineRoundTable.com......

"Moving forward, we will restrict ad serving on pages that misrepresent, misstate or conceal information about the publisher, the publisher’s content or the primary purpose of the web property,"   Quote from here (the post is from November 2016).

There are an awful lot of sites on the web that publish no trace of an owner, no contact information, and no way to submit any type of communication to the person who publishes.

A lot of these sites are run by pirates who steal content and make money from it by running ads.  Not publishing contact info is a great way to make it difficult for content owners to get in touch with them.  These sites usually have hidden Whois information too.

I will be surprised if Google starts turning off Adsense ads on sites that have no public trace of an owner, but if they decide to do it, I will be happy about it.

That post on SER was from November, 2016.  I am still seeing lots of sites with pirated content, no contact info and hidden whois.

(sorry about the error in the title... I tried to edit but the forum doesn't allow you to edit the title of a post)

Edited by EGOL, 16 March 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 14695 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

sorry about the error in the title.

I fixed it  :)

#3 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3319 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

I will be surprised if Google starts turning off Adsense ads on sites that have no public trace of an owner, but if they decide to do it, I will be happy about it.

I doubt that also and it would be interesting to know how much of their revenue do these types of sites represent. I'm saying this because the people who scrape and publish must do it because is it pays and it must not be pennies or even a few dollars. So... aggregate all that and google makes how much?

You think google know this?

Edited by bobbb, 16 March 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6331 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

I doubt that also and it would be interesting to know how much of their revenue do these types of sites represent. I'm saying this because the people who scrape and publish must do it because is it pays and it must not be pennies or even a few dollars. So... aggregate all that and google makes how much?

You think google know this?

I am pretty confident that it is a low number. 

The big quality sites make up most of the revenue.   And, the big quality sites will have a lot of their revenue produced from direct traffic. 

The crap sites are going to be mainly SERP-generated long-tail traffic.    That's where they need to apply the filtering to weed out scraped and processed content.

Edited by EGOL, 16 March 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#5 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3227 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Don't think this is gonna happen based on g's track record.

#6 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1976 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

I know a chap who has an adsense site that is a bunch of how to guides. He uses adwords to get traffic and has some highly targeted adsense on each page.

One of his pages is how to replace a ballcock. The adsense is places to buy a ballcock.

It pays for two holidays each year.

#7 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6331 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

That's great that he can use adwords and produce a profit.  Cheers for him.

#8 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3319 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

One of his pages is how to replace a ballcock. The adsense is places to buy a ballcock

.Not exactly a crap site. Not in my books anyway unless the content is scraped from other sites..... and good for him for making that £.

Edited by bobbb, 17 March 2017 - 01:19 PM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users