• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3209 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

I was just on one of my websites, where I have the mobile adsense ads loading and, as happens, i was browsing from one page to another and the full screen ad came on. When I tried to close the ad it rotated to a new ad. It would not close and i could not break free. It definately happened.

Taking that off tomorrow first thing.

Glyn.

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6317 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

People are figuring out how to make Google ads behave in different ways.

During the election in the U.S. there were Hilary ads that, when the page loaded, the view in the browser was moved to the top of the ad.  They got away with this for months.

#3 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3209 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

This was a straight code drop from adsense. Can they manipulate inside that?

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6317 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Those ads were on my site.  They came in through straight code from adsense and through DFP.

There are also ads that stream and stream and stream and stream a continuous reel of video.   They can get lots of stuff through the adsense window.

#5 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 5377 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Vignette ads

Vignette ads are mobile full-screen ads that appear between page loads on your site and can be skipped by users at any time.

AdSense Help > Ad code implementation > Page-level ads

Everyone else calls them interstitials.

I've noticed that sometimes the close/skip button is umm tardy or nonresponsive or even missing (ad appears larger than screen, sometimes changing orientation causes reveal). As I've never allowed page level ads on my sites I've only experienced them while browsing elsewhere. So happy to be slowly discontinuing AdSense; the desperation is beginning to show.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users