• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 14695 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

Instant Articles has been controversial since Facebook launched the fast-loading mobile articles feature in 2015 to keep users on the social platform longer. In Instant, publishers’ articles, signified with a lightning bolt, would load super fast. But many publishers say it doesn’t monetize as well as old-fashioned links that take readers back to the publisher’s own site. It’s also hard to see if there’s an engagement benefit to the program.

Facebook faces increased publisher resistance to Instant Articles

Have any of you tried Instant Articles?

#2 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 5403 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

Instant Articles is right up down there with Apple News and Google Accelerated Mobile Pages: all have been greeted with great huzzahs! and then been shown to be a significant loss of traffic and revenue. This is probably the make or break year after which, hopefully, they will fade away and disappear.

I have not tried any of the three as I am fundamentally opposed to their 'don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain' raisons d'être. And the 'disapointing' reports from early adopters simply reinforces my opposition.

#3 Nny777

Nny777

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:31 AM

I put plugins that would turn blog posts into Instant Articles and AMP on my Wordpress sites - and have virtually never used them.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users