• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:04 AM

Just wondering why I see Google India looking at my PPC ads. The ones they look at haven't changed and why would they bother to hang around and look at other pages?

Strange

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

They are probably doing a manual scrape of your content, because a competitor hired them to build a website in your industry.

#3 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Google India helping someone build a website?

Google India = Google Italia = Google France = Google Canada = Google Google. The website would already have been scraped in it's entirety otherwise you would not be in the SERPS. This info is available across the world to any Google division or whatever they call them.

How are you sure It is Google India. Did you check the IP address?  MS and G have data centres across the world. It could just be the crawl came from an Indian IP. I often see Bing crawls from Brazilian IPs.

It could also be someone using a google service as a proxy server then what Egol said... and as I write this I see google is on this site. How did they know we are talking about them?

#4 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

...and as I write this I see google is on this site. How did they know we are talking about them?

Unfortunately Cre8 doesn't confirm user agent by reverse DNS lookup so it could just be glyn in his Google costume.

Or:

googled.jpg

#5 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

Says Google, but not India.

http://104.132.20.78.ipaddress.com/

Clicky

Attached Thumbnails

• goog.png

#6 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

So I guess they aren't likely flooring buyers?????

#7 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Yes, the IP is located in India and is registered to Google.

However, that IP has also been caught in honeytraps showing various browser user-agents in the past year.

So, it could be several very curious Google employees going where angels fear to tread...

or it could be a bot:

* if a Google bot it's not playing by the rules and it's DOA.

* if not a Google bot it's DOA.

I do so :emo_gavel: :kill_spam: :spambuster: :banana_wgun:  luv bots, yes indeedy I do.

#8 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

I checked my logs and see action from that IP range  104.132.0.0 - 104.135.255.255
and it uses this user agent not GoogleBot
"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 9592.85.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.112 Safari/537.36"
They do it properly just like a browser would fetching .js .css .ico and images and using the proper referer.
Can't tell if the fetch the ads. Maybe snapshots of the page or timing or mobile compatability. Who knows.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users