Sign in to follow this  
Nadir

SEO 101: Whiteboard video

One of ZDNet today's videos is about SEO, a girl presents the basics of SEO in five minutes.

I think for someone who would be new to SEO, in 5 minutes, he gets the most important facts about this field. Of course she didn't want zdnet readers to have nightmares tonight: she didn't talk about the sandbox, link devaluation, no-follow links issues, purchased links, Dmoz difficulties or cache issues....

Video can be seen here.

Laura's a good friend and a very smart lady. I'm glad she got her own video through CNet. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guest rustybrick

Rand, she goes to the SES conferences?

Geraldine (my girlfriend) and I went to San Fran for vacation last summer and spent some time hanging out with her. She's super friendly and a great drinking buddy. I'm not sure if she'll be at any SES shows this year. I'll ask her.

Nadir - I do, but I don't think it's something she'd want given out. You might send an email to C|Net if you've got feedback about the video.

Edited by randfish

Hey, I was just kidding dude :lol: I'd love to have a cute girlfriend who's in the SEO field!

duuuuudes..... thanks for the compliments :embarrassed:

I'll absolutely be at SES this year - San Jose one is right in my backyard :cheers:

Hey Laura, nice meeting you, nice video! Is that new at Zdnet, did you plan to do some more? I think they are very educative for non-seo people.

Hi Nadir - Nice to meet you too! We had plans to gradually step deeper into the SEO world through whiteboard videos, but I recently moved on to another company, so whoever takes over my spot at CNET will probably be graced with that job. Not an easy one - to explain anything in SEO in 2-3 minutes!