Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
BillJSlawski

How does your site look on a PDA

How might your site look on a proxy that rewrites and reformats your pages so that it shows up well on a PDA?

Check this page from Google out, and find out:

http://www.google.com/gwt/n?

(via Fortune Interactive)

It looks like the forum has some issues on this when it comes to posting responses to threads. If you have forms on your site, how does it handle those?

This is neat! It reminds me of the

Opera Mini Simulator

I'm finding that text oriented sites do really well in mobile devices, while those with images are harder to view in the smaller space.

Guest joedolson

It's interesting - although it does some rather strange things. On one page I tested, it chopped off the bottom half of the page. On another, it put the navigation into this strange configuration where I had to click to access the navigation information - but when I clicked on the link, it removed the content and ONLY displayed the navigation.

It appears that what it's done is placed the navigation into it's own page, accessible by this extra link. I find this really awkward, frankly!

(Especially since it didn't actually work on every page I tested...)

A bit buggy, I think -

That's certainly an intriguing proxy. However it breaks down if you have a web page that has style sheets for both desktop (screen) and PDA (handheld). This proxy disregards the style sheet for handheld and converts the web page that results from using the screen style-sheet.

This is neat! It reminds me of the

Opera Mini Simulator

That is sooooo cool!! Oooops I mean thats soooo web 2.0!!

Does not look very nice! Back to the drawing board!

Yannis

It even makes sense of my MSIE5 framed site. No JS alas LOL. But still quite acceptable.

But I still wonder if people will REALLY see it like this. Guess I'll just have to double-check :)

Wow!!!! MY business site is HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Gotta adjust!

Some of my sites look better in the tool :)

Time to stop putting off those redesigns!

He he I know this post has gone off the boil a little, but I just wanted to add that:

A quick fix would be to specify your print css to be used by handhelds.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/print.css" media="print, handheld" />

TreV

Good Point sebastienbillard :angry:

So you can simply copy the print css, unhide the links, and rename it. then specify the resultant css for handhelds. - still a pretty quick fix. :)

TreV

Good approach, TreV.

You may have a problem with the format of the navigational links on the web page. You could use the hide / display codes to make the handheld CSS sheet pick up a different navigation from the screen CSS sheet. That wouldn't complicate the process too much.