Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

bwelford

Another Cell Phone Emulator

If you'd like to see what your website looks like on a cell phone, here's the Barkley’s Mobile Web Emulator. It only offers three but that should be enough to give you an idea of whether anyone can enjoy your website that way.

Tip of the hat to Jeremy Fuksa

I'm getting more of these 'AAARRGGG' moments. I've set up css style for mobile devices and the stoopid phones completely ignore my efforts and use the default CSS. It means the uses ends up seeing all sorts of stuff I don't want them to. Most annoying.

Good link Barry, thanks.

Guest joedolson

I've set up css style for mobile devices and the stoopid phones completely ignore my efforts and use the default CSS.

I know what you mean; the most frustrating thing about CSS for mobile devices is the consistency. Mobile browsers are very consistent about being inconsistent...

Thanks for this link, Barry - always good to find a few more mobile emulators!

Thank you Barry! I can use this in my work :)

The link is broken..and I just realized the thread is several years old? Any recommendations for other cell phone emulators? Thanks much, JC

Edited by JCSmith

Hi JCSmith!

This thread has some good cell phone ideas in it. Pierre recommends a FireFox plugin that can switch between multiple emulators.