Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

Sign in to follow this  
mydream

About Bestofweb And Joeant

I have been looking for good directories site and finally, I decided to submit to bestofweb and Joeant. My site get listed a couple of days later.

:D Not bad !!!

These two sites are cheaper than Yahoo and a lot faster than DMOZ.

... I decided to submit to bestofweb and Joeant. My site get listed a couple of days later.

Good to hear it! Nice to see someone finding out that paid links CAN be fruitful...

Daz

Linkpopularity,

I think that you'll want to check over the list of links that you provided.

I don't know where you got the list, but I'm not sure that there's much of value in there.

boingboing.net is a group blog, and not a directory, even though their tagline is "a directory of wonderful things."

Daypop has been dead for I believe more than a year.

The infomine edu site isn't resolving, and neither is the eevl site after it.

I lovelanguages is a directory, but only for sites in a very small niche.

I agree with bragadocchio,

these links seem to provide little to no value. I would be very careful where you add links to your website at. Try searching for vertical directories. These types of directories will provide more qualified traffic. Also don't forget about local directories. Here is a couple that I use:

registerlocal.com

yellowpages.com

local.com

citysearch.com

https://www.google.com/local/add/login

Welcome to Cre8asite darrelllong! :wave:

Looks like you are involved with local search?

Directory-wise, it's not a bad idea to see where the little stars come from in local search results on both Google and Yahoo. IMHO that's where to find directories with any real power.

And, they have some good, built-in accountability features: members vote, and listings that come from printed phone directories are harder to spam.

Sign in to follow this