Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
kevs

My Name Still Coming Up With Underscores, Why?

I had an offeding comment, but got webmaster to take off the page. But still he kept page live, but changed the titile and description to some long name and date in which my full name is still in there seperated by underscores (surrounded by lot of other words).

So, anyway, it re-cached and completely disappeared in Google for search on my full name.

but inexplicably it still comes up in Yahoo -- even after the re-cache there.

May be that Y! is just slooow to update. Anyway I find they are.

If you don't mind sharing the query, someone here who knows a bit about Yahoo might be able to provide some insight.

But if you're still not happy with what the site owner has done, and you believe the content is defaming you, you can contact the web host's abuse department (do a whois on the domain to find out who the host is).

No, it's been updated. you guys are both way off base in your analysis. Maybe there are not Yahoo folks here.

I'm wondering why Google is not parsing underscores, but Yahoo seems to be able to read.

For example:

this_website_joe_smith_united_states

On Joe Smith searches that would not come up in Google.

Ah, nevermind, got defnitive answer, Yahoo treat underscores as seperators.