Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
bretheartbobby

Should I Use Adsense?

hey all,

Ive been fighting with myself as to whether i should leave adsense on my site or not. I promote a affiliate programs, and am afraid that adsense will merely take away potential customers leaving me with only pennies.

any suggestions or ideas?

From a strictly usability perspective, if you want people to stay on your site and purchase YOUR services or products, than ads for other products or services in the middle of click paths intended to convert for your benefit (not the off-site ads) aren't logical.

If your revenue is strictly on ad sales, and you don't sell anything separately, than AdSense and other ad programs are the way to go, but you still have to provide a recent for anyone to come to the site, stay long enough to see something they want, bookmark it for a return trip and recommend it others.

If you've got ads on your site that are going

to produce larger profits (which obviously

you do) I think I would just try and drive my

leads to those ads, and drop the Adsense.

To get the real answer to this question, you must try both methods and also vary the locations, formats and types of ads that appear on your site. And, if you want to attract links, you must do those in a way that does not damage the experience of visitors on your site - which will likely lower your income.

I have pages on my site that have been formatted, reformatted and reformatted up to twenty times, each trying to come a little closer to an income level and experience that balances the goals of income and user experience. I don't think that you ever get there and if you are serious about chasing this you will still have lots of untested ideas.