Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
bwelford

Relevance In Google Product Search Results

If you do a regular Web search for a particular product in Google, then the first item in the SERP listing will be some results from Google Product Search. An example of this can be seen by clicking on the thumbnail.

cellphonesearch.jpg

Does anyone know how the particular items shown from the Product Search are selected? It does not seem to be the lowest price items. Presumably it's based on relevance. Has anyone any information on how this is determined?

cellphonesearch.jpg

You're certainly right on that, incrediblehelp. Since I started this topic, the best I have found with Google is titled How can I improve my products' rankings?. That confirms what you say.

If you do a Google Product Search, which is searching Google Base, then you can choose the order of results according to any of the following criteria.

• Sort by Relevance
  • Sort by price: low to high
  • Sort by price: high to low
  • Sort by product rating
  • Sort by seller rating

So you might infer that on a regular Web search the product listing is by relevance. However that does not seem certain if you check out the quality of the results.

Edited by bwelford