Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
Sign in to follow this  
projectphp

Interesting Story On Yahoo's Digg Clone: Buzz

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/03/16/yahoo...irst-two-weeks/

Salon got so excited about a February 28 link from the Yahoo home page to this story that they issued a press release - they had 1 million unique visitors that day, the most ever to the 12 year old site...

Yahoo is still ramping up the number of links it puts on the home page from Buzz, and is being careful about the potential to flat out nuke websites with all the traffic they can send. But it’s clear that a link from Yahoo.com blows away anything Digg or any other competitor can offer. That will keep the Buzz publishers, who must be invited into the service, paying attention.

Interesting times! I wonder what the potential of a Yahoo home page link will do to the Digg style sites?

I suspect it'll as hard to get on the front page of Yahoo Buzz, let alone Yahoo, than on Digg's homepage, as the traffic these sites provide is different. Digg provides 5-30k at best, Yahoo drove 1mil/day. Note the difference :)

As such, you can see the sources they have chosen to display at the moment.

I am not saying it won't be impossible to front page on Yahoo, it'll require significant effort (I'd say 2-4 weeks would be normal).

Then again, Yahoo clearly has a different audience, than Digg - let alone other niche sites, which topics Yahoo doesn't cover, so I don't see problems for those sites at all.

Edited by A.N.Onym

wow that's a great stuff, they are sure fighting google for the number spot...