Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
Sign in to follow this  
surrealillusions

Someone Else Stole My Content

Hi,

Recently came across another website that stole my content. Well..2 paragraphs really, and altered the wording slightly as they're in a different location in the UK.

I wrote them an email, kindly requesting that the paragraphs used were mine, to remove the content, and showed them a link to my site where it originally is.

I have a screenshot of their site, which is written in joomla, and nicely has the date they wrote that part of the site. I can use archive.org to prove that my page had that content way before they published that content.

I'm still waiting on a reply. What makes it worse (or stranger) is that he's a web designer, and he stole my web design paragraphs to advertise his web design expertise...

What do i do next? Am i entitled to legal action? Is it even worth it? Send another email?

Any ideas would be helpful

:)

Edited by surrealillusions

ok..thanks. That explodethenet link is very useful. Will be following those steps. I'll try to keep you informed of any results

seems the webhost doesn't want to know...apparently

"as the client is not breaking our terms and conditions"

and

"Copywrite issues can be very hard to prove"

I see they use a spell check on their emails :)

In their T's and C's

8 ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY

8.1 The website and use of the Services may be used for lawful purposes only and the Customer may not submit, publish or display any content that breaches any law, statute or regulation. In particular the Customer agrees not to:

8.1.3 publish, post, distribute or disseminate defamatory, obscene, indecent or other unlawful material or information, or any material or information which infringes any intellectual property rights (for the avoidance of doubt this includes licensed software distributed as Warez), via the Services or on the Website;

I had someone do this to my website - same content type. I drop them and email and they ended up paying me for the content :)

If you don't get a reply from them via email, send a letter recorded delivery through snail mail. People tend to take them slightly more seriously than emails.

Tamsin

yeah..i sent them a recorded delivery letter. Should of arrived today (friday).

i've also persisted with the web host, and they also will contact the site owner.

Will see what happens over the next few days. Given the other site a choice to remove it or pay me some money

The other site has removed my site..although he did say it was "a bit petty" over a few lines of text...which i found a little amusing..

thanks for the help everyone :thumbs: :cheers:

Sign in to follow this