Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

Black_Phoenix

Beautiful Creative Sites

Hi guys, been spending a bit of time looking at some nice sites that inspire me graphically

Thought I would share some of those and hopefully you have some to add to the list. please try to post really good ones, interesting to see what sites inspire others, got some more to share (bookmarked at work)

Here's a few from me

http://www.saizenmedia.com/nightwish/

http://www.2advanced.com/

Interested to see your comments

D

* removed dead link

Edited by Black_Phoenix

Oh sheesh! These are all breathtaking!

The third one did not load.

The second one counted to 100 before anything happened. In real life it would have gotten the back page.

The first was pretty quick for flash. I was impressed. I went back again.

Edited by bobbb

Hi, thanks for your feedback, as for loading speeds they're not great, but the content I think is worth the wait.

The third one did not load.
I'm on the site now, not sure why its not loading.

Another thing I like about the 2 advanced site is that they show how the site looked a few years back, so you have options to look at their past site designs. its under '2a website archives'

I hope you get on there to see some of their design work, its worth the wait :)

D

It loaded OK now. There was trouble with the ISP network somewhere. Yes the imagery is excellent.

Thanks for the list, some great sites there.

I remember when i first found 2advanced, i think it was back in version 2 then. It was one of those sites that inspired me to really get creative. I would always refference it. Granted ive gone in a different direction now worrying alot more about usability but as far as good looking sites, 2advanced will always be the best for me.

Keep em coming!

I love it when you post these!

Design is certainly NOT dead!!!

:thankyou:

Some really nice design there, but IMO too much eye candy.

I am not one for sites almost entirely designed in Flash. Still easy on the eye :)

Maybe, but like I said above, it counts to 100 before anything happens.

I lost interest at 21. For most people it is probably lower. Would be interesting to see stats of how many people cut the transaction before loading the complete file.

Hi great sites love the menus one the tokyoplastic site, very clever. I know its been mentioned but some things are worth waiting for :lol:

Thanks for those links

anymore?

Dave

These guys do some really nice flash work as well, worth checking out

WM Team

Dave

Their old site was good as well, cant find a link to that one, but they used to have it archived

First link is not working, but remaining two are amazing..thanks for sharing these links..

nice post..

Hey Phoenix,

The saizenmedia site has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I also like:

http://kalaharipepper.com/

I visit these sites on a regular basis and tell myself....."Some Day" LoL

I like these sites because they have the courage to "set the tone" and it seems to me tend to buck the trend a little in website design of pandering to the lowest common denominator. They don't say...."Its Easy to Find things Here"....They say...."Its Worth Spending time here to Find things"

Walter

Edited by Walter

Pretty much all those sites are awe-inspiring. They make me wish for two things - firstly to be able to land a project whereby the budget would afford that level of detail/artistry, and secondly, to get my coat!!

A-MA-ZING!

I'm not usually big into sites that are designed all in Flash, but the ones I've looked at in here are really great.

Wow...

OK, I'm starting training on this right away. Today: learn to be able to at least draw stick people. Tomorrow: how to draw in 3 dimensions. World, here I come! :)

Hey all I am new to this site and was wondering if I could get some advice off you all. I have a client that has created a website called Yakfrog - it is an online social diary and they need advice on their graphic design and what they could do to make it a more interactive site...

I am a little stuck for ideas thought you might be able to help me out. the website is www.yakfrog.com

Cheers,

Sophiaelise

Hi SOPHIAELISE, this thread is not really designed to be a help thread, you will get far more feedback posting in the website hospital. Let me know when you have posted there and i'll delete this one :)

thanks

Dave