Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
Sign in to follow this  
glyn

My Bookmarks Are My Strength

My bookmarks so are lethal, that I need to protect them :angel: If they fell into the wrong hands...how many first places I would be giving them!

While I can lock down all my passwords in Firefox and ask for a prompt, I'd really like to be able to put all my bookmarks under lock and key. Maybe such that in the morning I login to my bookmarks, and at the end of the day I log out.

I know you're screaming Social Media Bookmarking, but I don't want to do that. They are for my eyes only.

It would be cool to have a solution to this.

Any ideas?

G.

Heh. I solved this exact problem back in 1999 or 2000.

I basically created a little PHP script that has been my homepage since then. It's a very (VERY!) basic bookmark manager that supports groups of links, link creation and deletion. All this is wrapped up under a login prompt.

It's hosted on one of my servers and every browser I use has it as the home page. And since it's on the web, I use it even when I'm travelling.

It's easily the oldest working code I wrote. I really ought to update it...

Pierre

KeePass Password Safe on a USB stick.

KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted...

Ek, I was thinking of something similar, by putting my bookmarks online on an html page behind a password protected folder but

a) I like my folders...click and open.

B) I couldn't add bookmarks to a static page.

I'll work something out.

The ideal would be to be able to reference a page which you could add bookmarks to in Firefox and just point your preferences to the server. But I'm dreaming.

G.

a) I like my folders...click and open.

B) I couldn't add bookmarks to a static page.

Well this is not static: it's a full-blown script that lets you add and delete URLs in your collection, and categorize them in groups (like folders). It's not a hard piece of code if you have an hour to spare...

P

Sign in to follow this