Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 

I really detest the standard Wordpress WYSIWIG editor.

Does anyone have something a little bit more advanced - a plugin - to recommend to me. At the least I want to be able to create names ancors within the text.

Thanks

Glyn

All I'm going to say here is that klutzy WYSIWYGs are a great reason to learn some basic html.

:angel:

No way!

I don't want to fill my head up with something that a generator can do for me and I can then sanity check for bloat. Much better things to fill my head up with!

G

Unfortunately using a generator has failed for you. You site is bloated with wonky code. Doing the job by hand would have resulted in a much better site.

As Elizabeth suggests, the only real way to ensure a well oiled site is to hand code or pay someone to do it for you.

I'm glad you like my playground.

The point being made is that all generators will add odds bits of proprietry code and manage the page structure according to their programming. To get a really clean wordpress template you need to do a good chunk by hand.

There are only a handful of html bits that you really need to code most blog posts by hand. A cheat sheet could fit on a postit, or at the most two postits if you're getting really fancy and have special cases that you want displayed differently. It only looks complicated because of the extra crap that WYSIWYGs will guestimate and throw in.

Agree. Generators always add stuff they shouldn't. Anyone remember what Dreamweaver use to do to IMG files dimensions if you just wanted a placemarker! I still use a battered copy of Homesite 4.5 for my SEO stuff and the designers can have the fun they need with keeping on top of the languages development and CSS 3-4-5-5-6-7--8 :)