Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
Sign in to follow this  
iamlost

Without Solid Site Structure

For those of you who take on other people's sites or, heaven forbid, who have made a travesty of your own, Stoney deGeyter decries Putting SEO Frosting on a Website Dung Pile. Yes, the man has a way with titles. :)

We've run across this issue several times over the years and it boggles my mind how often the site owners don't want to do what is necessary, but instead want to forage ahead with the SEO. It's like putting frosting on a dung pile. You may be able to "SEO" the site, but if the underlying structure isn't sound, you're just wasting good money on a pile of crap.

So nice to read an accomplished SEO point out that SEO is not the alpha omega of webdev.

Very eloquent.

I supposed one could also have the inverse - a great site with Dung Flavored SEO Frosting. Same end results. :)

This is why most websites only make money for the designer and the hosting provider.

I guess in this age of political correctness and concern for our fellow creatures, it would not have been appropriate (nor as striking) to talk about putting lipstick on the face of a pig.

An excellent message and very well presented. I hope there are lots of SMBs taking note of that. Unfortunately there are so many website dung heaps.

I have become increasingly disillusioned with Sphinn. Stoney's article was posted there a couple of days ago and to now has garnered a pitiful 7-sphinns.

Not only has the quality of submissions plummeted but equally the quality of the participants. The more experienced members are increasingly conspicuous by their absence unless helping each other out. And the noobies really really do not get it. So sad.

I heartily agree, iamlost, re Sphinn particularly on a Friday. The article has been up now for 3 days so it has no possibility of going hot. I voted and commented but it will presumably get lost within that huge pile of posts that languished.