Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 

I saw a thread on WMW that I thought would be worthy of some mention here about the latest releases of Firefox.

I have to say I agree and think that in the last couple of updates something went wrong with Firefox. It's really starting to use up a lot of memory resources. I've seen it peak at up to 350mb of memory usage with only a few number of tabs open and limited requests regarding content.

There's no way I will switch to Chrome because Google already has enough without browsers too!

But I am gonna switch to Opera until Firefox gets mended, or just use it when I need to use some of the fantastic plugins that are only available to the Firefox browser.

Glyn

Yes, sadly Firefox has gone the way every single other piece of software has gone. Hopefully the next version, supposedly this pile of awesome instead of pile of sh**, will reverse this trend.

You can also install an old version of FF that works fine.

:paddedcell: (2.0.0.20)

I think I will install an old version of FF. I cannot use Netvibes with the new FF, and many sites just freeze. I've noticed other things messed up, too, which I think is FF's fault.

It's always useful to check whether things can be improved and this certainly made me realize that I've stayed with FF as my default browser too long despite the aggravations. So Google Chrome is now as of this moment my default with FF easily opened if I'm into heavy-duty browsing.

I'm not sure I really want to know - but I have no clue what C*** stands for. Is it a European curse word?

I'm quite sure it was "cr@p", nothing ickier than that.

I wonder if it's Firefox or all the plug-ins people tend to install.

I mostly use Chrome but keep 3-4 browsers installed because I have to check sites with a variety of browsers.

In my opinion, they all pretty much suck in different ways.

Not sure if this will help y'all or not, but this siteclaims to speed up firefox by compressing the database (I think that's the deal).

I installed it myself, but I can't speak for it's efficacy. Opera is my default browser and I only dip into Firefox when I need the plug in's for work.

edit: The link should have been http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox

Sorry. It was a little deeper in the site.

Edited by goodnewscowboy

Um, goodnewscowboy, is that meant to just be a joke? I ask because that link leads to an Uninstall program. So, yeah, I guess uninstalling Firefox would prevent it being slow - sort of. Or am I missing something?

What extensions are you running? Although I do agree FF seems to be getting worse not better when it comes to memory management, if you're running a bunch of chunky add ons you will notice increased memory usage.