Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 

Hi

It is my first post on the forum. I would like to get some help on the topic shown that is bounce rate.

My site is having a bounce rate of 85% and thats too much.

I would like it to bring down to 60%. Can you guys help me out??

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome dester... its hard to determine whats causing this without seeing your site. What is the URL?

It is also hard to understand without knowing where the traffic is coming from. Are you looking at Google Analytics or some other traffic analysis program?

Google Analytics is notorious for clipping user activity, so take their bounce rates with a grain of salt if that is where you get your data from.

But you really need to determine where the reported bouncing happens and why. If people are landing on a page with advertising and clicking on the ads, those are conversions you would want (one should think).

You do need to provide more information to get better help.

Edited by Michael_Martinez

Mine dropped a fair amount when I added a list of similar posts below each article.

If you have enough traffic to get statistically relevant results, compare pages with the highest and lowest exit rates. Look at keywords used by search traffic - do they match what is available on the destination page?

Bounce rates get higher for many reasons. Visitors from Search may leave if they don't see what they hoped to find. This could mean missing content, a site design that doesn't have the quality of an expected destination, really bad usability, unprofessional spelling, etc.

What sort of a site is it? The home page bounce rates of regularly read blogs may be higher, if a lot of return viewers just check for the latest post.

Another reason could be the page load times. We have a real estate site, after a redesign we found that page views per person went from a median of 20+ to less than 4. After doing some benchmarking we found that the average search had less parameters than we originally benchmarked with, causing the search to take anywhere from 8-20 seconds. We spent a lot of time optimizing the database and found that listings that didn't have longitude/latitude entered would dramatically increase the search load times. We removed them from the map results that is displayed with the search and cut the page load times to between 3 and 5 seconds. Our median page views per visitor went up to over 30.

Load times can cause a lot of frustration for your visitors and can give the perception of being less usable.

I could check it for you, what is your URL? I would suggest that you check your article in the landing page and see if its useful or attractive enough. This could be one of the many reason to point out too.

Locking thread...."desert" never returned. I suspect this was a sig link drop by them.