Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 

Here's a one I got in my inbox this morning:

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm sorry to disturb you so abrupt. We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,

On 13th April. we received a formal application submitted by Mr. XXXX who wanted to use the keyword "YYYY" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/.asia/ domain names.

After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We aren't sure whether you have any relation with him. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down his registration, but if we do not get your company's an reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve his application

As authorized anti-cybersquatting organization we hereby suspect Mr. XXXX is a domain investor. so we need you to attach importance to this issue.

In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible.

Basically, I have a domain that Mr XXX appears to want to register(?) through this Asian registration company. I'm not quite sure why they are asking me about it as I clearly have the domain registered and a using it.

Is this a scam? Should I be bothered to contact them at all?

Concerned of Essex

OOps!

I should have used my former Admin Investigation skills...lol...

SCAM!

The nerve of some people, eh?!

Lol

Do you get the letters from the Domain Renewal Group? They generally offer you the chance to renew the domain you already have, with them, for 10 times more than it costs. Nice bunch. Prey on people that do not understand how the system works, the "mom and pop" websites etc. Bar stewards.

SCAM!

I had a whole bunch of these for awhile. There's a thread here somewhere on the topic, but just ignore them :)

authorized anti-cybersquatting organization

uhuh ... like ... sure :)

Jon - yeah I still get that one every now and again :)

Kim - yeah - ignored it now! :)

Ruud - I think I'll get a t-shirt with that printed on :)