Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
mrgoodfox

Which Addthis Icon Set To Use?

I'm implementing the AddThis social buttons in a forums site. Should I use large social buttons ? They make the users go through a two step process to "like" a page or "Google +1" a page.

The smaller icons allow users to add their input in one click (but they are smaller).

Any suggestions on which has a higher conversion rate?

• Like 1

I am getting a higher rate of use with the large buttons (32x32). However, lots of people think that the F button is supposed to take them to a Facebook page for the website or our company. Also, lots of people think that the envelope button is for sending email messages to the website owners.

These buttons have multiple meanings and I believe that the big buttons draw this confusion a lot more than the single addthis button.

Interesting, I thought having to just click "Like" or "+1" would have higher conversions. Since it requires less effort and more importantly that the user knows that he/she won't be taken to a different page, but I guess people don't know that.

However, my niche has almost all young audience which are pretty tech savvy. So maybe its a little different for them

However, my niche has almost all young audience which are pretty tech savvy. So maybe its a little different for them
You might be right... my audience has a lot of old farts.

Old farts or not I am constantly surprised at how difficult it can be to understand some of these cryptic links and icons.

I am planning on redoing all the social links on my site to be a simple and self explanatory as possible, and big.

That said I am more than a little tired of trying to manage a site, manage links and articles, and on top of it all now this social media with the linkings and likings and sharings.

oy vey