Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

Sign in to follow this  
mrgoodfox

How To Require At Least 2 Admins Approve A Post Before Publishing

Is it possible (does anyone know of a plugin perhaps) to require every article to be approved by at least two admins before being published?

• Like 2

I don't know of one ... but I think that it is a great idea.

Sounds like I'm about to do my first plugin coding :(

I do recall seeing that capability on a WP site I worked on for a client some time ago. I'm certain it must have been a plugin, as they had no in-house coding talent and had built the site themselves. I assume you've already searched the WP.org plugin library?

I'll dig around and see if I can recall which client it was, and post back here.

I tried to find the site I had seen that on, but came up dry. However, I talked to a friend, and he offered an idea that seems reasonable (understand.... I'm no coder :blushing: )

He says his suggestion would involve some relatively minor customization, basically adding increment/decrement counters and a snippet saying 'if approved, then +1'. Then the second admin could approve and a second snippet would be employed, along the lines of 'if +1, then publish, else if 0, then +1'. He also mentioned having the code reset itself after each interaction, though to me, that seems as though it would defeat the purpose.

Does that make any sense at all?

I ended up using that plugin instead of creating my own (super happy about finding it)