Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
Sign in to follow this  
lirys

Jquery Beginners Troubles

Hi

I am trying to learn some Jquery finally, and i do have a nice book i am reading since i love books. Right now i have come to the part where i need to add a UI library so i dont have to include each plugin separatly to my page. however i seem to not manage to do so and belive me i treid reading up on it both in my book and online sooooo i thought here is the right place to ask I am sure some off you are laughing at this simple trouble.

anyway if i understand this right i add

<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

This for basic, and then i want the UI for more fancy stuff?

since i downloaded the UI and put it in a folder called js this is how i called on it

<link type="text/css" href="css/themename/jquery-ui-1.8.17.custom.css" rel="Stylesheet" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-ui-1.8.17.custom.min.js"></script>

But it dont seem to work as i tried to use easeOutElastic and such stuff...

any tips on how to do this is appprciated as well as any tips on how to teach my self Jquery its what i want to do on my free days during Christmas hehe.

Thank you all

lirys

Right now, you're calling two different versions of jquery, and that could be causing them to conflict with one another.

You need to call one version only first in the <head> section. I'd pick this one if I didn't want to host it myself (<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>) or this one if you do (<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>) but not both. I've never used the UI, but I assume it's ok to be adding that where you have it and the css is ok too. At some point, you'll need to include the actual script itself as well. So, however the easeout script wants to be called (via an external call or a bit of code in the body), you have to add that too (sometimes before the closing body tag).I'm very much not a jquery expert, so someone else might contradict me, and that's ok. :) But give that a go, and it might help. If not, sorry.

thank you i think one my problemes are i dont yet understand if i should host the the UI my self or not and also whats in each diffrent I am to bussy trying to learn to code things insteed :-)