Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
Dr.Marie

Why Would My Google Analytics Stop Tracking?

I just noticed that some of my Google Analytics has stopped tracking since March 24. I have a static site with two Wordpress blogs attached. My news blog is very popular and lately has had spikes in traffic. However, my analytics shows a decline in visitors for the news blog on March 24 and then zero visitors from March 25th till present.

Coincidentally, on March 24th (according to my other analytics software, Woopra) I saw a huge traffic spike to one article on my news blog.

My tracking code is still in the footer. In fact, as with the rest of my site, I have the Google Analytics code right before my Woopra analytics code. Woopra is still working just fine and is showing me a large number of visitors to the news blog.

I am still getting adsense revenue from the news blog.

I plan to re-install my Google Analytics tracking code to see if that helps. But I wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what was going on.

Edited by Dr.Marie
  • Like 1

That's a little long to be a glitch. Have you checked within GA to see if GA thinks it's still hooked up?

I'm not sure what you mean...I see zero visits so I am assuming it is not hooked up. My two blogs and static site are counted as one in GA and the other two are definitely hooked up.

I don't see any messages anywhere. Where would I see such a complaint? Should it be obvious?

When you log in to your account you should see a notification of a problem.

Are you SURE whatever analytics plugin you're using for your news blog hasn't been deactivated by accident? Given that you had recent virus issues, it could be that one or more plugin files was removed and broke the plugin.

Well, yes and no. It's fixed now, but I don't know what the original problem was. I simply replaced my Google Analytics code in my footer. I did find it interesting that the code looked different than before. Perhaps I had an old tracking code that wasn't working anymore?

It's working now. Now it looks like I've had a huge traffic spike. :) But really, I just hadn't been tracking the news portion of my site for the last month.

Frankly, I've given up on Google Analytics. I took the code off all my sites this past weekend. I'm fed up with phantom data.