Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
send2paul

Gap Between Logo And Webpage

Morning all - I hope you had a Merry Christmas and are not suffering from "Turkeyitus"? :)

This is a simple one, for those who know... unlike me, who has been wracking his brains trying to figure it out.

I have this website here: http://hamradio2radio.com/ and for the life of me I can't resolve the GAP between the logo and the main webpage/table?!!??!?!?!

I've played around with CSS.... I thought I might be suffering from "nested tables" etc - but I don't seem to be able to get that resolved either. In short - I'm stumped :)

Is there anyone out in "Website Hospital Land" who can help me out, please?

Ta

Paul

I'm just nipping out at the moment, but I'll be back later to see what clever geniuses you all are...lol :infinite-banana::infinite-banana:

Edited by send2paul

I don't see a gap that would bother me. Cell padding 20px? I'm certainly no code geek, just trying my hand..maybe I'll get lucky :rolleyes:

Not sure which gap you mean, I see a blue header graphic, and orange bar with a search box in and then the white of the content (with the sidebars lined up with the top of that). Did you want the blue extending behind the search?

No gap here. Maybe there was one that got fixed, but your browser has cached the way it used to be?

I think it must be me....... it's the orange bar - I think I saw it as something that shouldn't be there... but I think I may just need to change the background of that bar from orange to white - like the rest of the main table background.

What was I thinking????? (Too much time on the PC I think).

Nope. I think I just want it all white....perhaps... actually, perhaps not.... let me go and play with it! :)

Many thanks folks! (And I haven't been drinking at all! ;) )

Edited by send2paul

I think the orange bar should be the same light blue as the logo background.

You may well be right Alex - I'm still in the experimental stage with it :)

Thanks

Paul

Not related, but if want a critique, I think the site would look a lot better with:

1. More padding e.g. there is none around this paragraph:

Ham Radio Store - Amateur Radio Rigs, Parts, Accessories and Collectibles. All products in US dollars. Click on through to eBay to make your purchase.

2. Better use of colour. The header looks wrong being the same blue as the page background. Shouty red blocks vs the blue ????

3. Generic blue link colour and mass of underlined links looks dated. maybe links in bold font with a more subtle colour.

All of this is very subjective, as usual my advice is worth what you paid for it :)

Edited by Pete