Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
Sign in to follow this  
glyn

Google Can't Index One Of Italy's Most Important Banks Properly

It was in 1839 that the Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze took its name. It was quoted on the Milan Stock exchange until recently being incorporated into the Intesa San Paolo Bank. It's a good bank, but Google is making it's life a misery (or at least the system admin that is getting lots and lots of authentication requests from CR clients via san paolo bank).

Why on earth am I mentioning this?

Well, if you goto Google and type in "Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze" you can't find the website anyhwere in Google. Instead you get www.intesasanpaolo.com.

What you should get is this website: http://www.bancacrfirenze.it/ which looks the same as the other but it is in fact completely different for banking purposes.

Why is this happening?

Well it seems that both the intesasanpaolo.com and http://www.bancacrfirenze.it/ domains are pointing to the same website. I've done some URLS swapping across domains and they are both sharing the same content.

So consequently Google is making a mess of things. I can be you money that neither of the banks are in Webmaster Tools, so this is one of those errors that will go on for a while (it's been a week already). It's not Google's fault but it's nice to stick the knife in where you can.

Go on Google, fix it clever you.

G

I get the dotcom version you mention as #1 then a map then two listings for the one you say should show, different addresses so supposing two different branches.

Note: on googledotca.

I get something similar to iamlost: the other domain then a set of universal results with probably 3 branches each referenced to the Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze url. as opposed to the other.

heh. seems like local google has it more correct than organic in this case....and the long history of local google across the globe was that it ALWAYS f*cked up. lol. looks like the local index is working better than organic in sorting out the correct url.

Bing OTH has the url you referenced, Glyn, first and then the other url. it also has a map with branches.

Bing is so much better. down w/ go-ogle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emo_gavel: :emo_gavel: :emo_gavel:

Bing is so much better. down w/ go-ogle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emo_gavel: :emo_gavel: :emo_gavel:

I agree...Greedy will take themselves out of the game....I mean google