cre8pc

Vahoo...verizon Buys Yahoo

Verizon is going to own AOL (it does currently) and Yahoo. Sound's like Y'allwho to me. A southern state internet play to me. Y'allwho come on over to verizon and its little internet buddies and we'll play some web games and eat some grits.

• Like 1

I still don't see Yahoo! becoming what they once were. What is AOL today? A portal like Yahoo?

I wonder when the split with Bing will come.

[The] company may still have more than one billion active monthly users but Verizon’s price is less than a quarter of Snapchat’s current valuation.

Some commentators [Colley] were skeptical about the combined power of AOL and Yahoo.... Technology history is littered with the remnants of once all-powerful businesses – take Nokia and RIM, makers of the Blackberry,” Colley said. He said it was difficult to see how Verizon would benefit from this acquisition.

The sale does not include Yahoo’s cash, its shares in Alibaba, its shares in Yahoo Japan, Yahoo’s convertible notes, certain minority investments and Yahoo’s non-core patents. The Alibaba and Yahoo Japan investments are worth about $40bn, while Yahoo had a market value of about $37.4bn as of Friday’s close.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/25/yahoo-to-sell-core-web-business-to-verizon

Its free instant messaging technology revolutionized the industry, helping usher in a new era of high-speed communication that changed the way millions of barrels of oil traded daily.

But the online, follow-up version to Yahoo's standalone messaging software cannot be used by the industry. It fails to meet compliance standards because conversations cannot be saved locally.
As a result, oil traders, brokers, analysts and also reporters covering the oil industry have been scrambling for alternatives.

Oil traders prepare fond farewells to Yahoo Messenger on Aug 5

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oil-traders-yahoo-idUSKCN10G0NL

Microsoft (if they had accepted their offer) or IBM could have given them a crash course on backward compatibility.

You almost think they had a death wish.

Ten to one Marissa Mayer is sacked... but she does not need the money