Cre8asiteforums

Web Site Design, Usability, SEO & Marketing Discussion and Support

• Announcements

• cre8pc

20 Years! Cre8asiteforums 1998 - 2018   01/18/2018

Cre8asiteforums In Its 20th Year In case you didn't know, Internet Marketing Ninjas released many of the online forums they had acquired, such as WebmasterWorld, SEOChat, several DevShed properties and these forums back to their founders. You will notice a new user interface for Cre8asiteforums, the software was upgraded, and it was moved to a new server.  Founder, Kim Krause Berg, who was retained as forums Admin when the forums were sold, is the hotel manager here, with the help of long-time member, "iamlost" as backup. Kim is shouldering the expenses of keeping the place going, so if you have any inclination towards making a donation or putting up a banner, she is most appreciative of your financial support. 
EGOL

No Adsense On Websites With No Contact Info And Hidden Whois?

I just read the following quote from Google's Andrea Faville on SearchEngineRoundTable.com......

"Moving forward, we will restrict ad serving on pages that misrepresent, misstate or conceal information about the publisher, the publisher’s content or the primary purpose of the web property," Quote from here (the post is from November 2016).

There are an awful lot of sites on the web that publish no trace of an owner, no contact information, and no way to submit any type of communication to the person who publishes.

A lot of these sites are run by pirates who steal content and make money from it by running ads. Not publishing contact info is a great way to make it difficult for content owners to get in touch with them. These sites usually have hidden Whois information too.

I will be surprised if Google starts turning off Adsense ads on sites that have no public trace of an owner, but if they decide to do it, I will be happy about it.

That post on SER was from November, 2016. I am still seeing lots of sites with pirated content, no contact info and hidden whois.

(sorry about the error in the title... I tried to edit but the forum doesn't allow you to edit the title of a post)

Edited by EGOL
  • Like 1

sorry about the error in the title.

I fixed it :)

• Like 1

I will be surprised if Google starts turning off Adsense ads on sites that have no public trace of an owner, but if they decide to do it, I will be happy about it.

I doubt that also and it would be interesting to know how much of their revenue do these types of sites represent. I'm saying this because the people who scrape and publish must do it because is it pays and it must not be pennies or even a few dollars. So... aggregate all that and google makes how much?

You think google know this?

Edited by bobbb

I doubt that also and it would be interesting to know how much of their revenue do these types of sites represent. I'm saying this because the people who scrape and publish must do it because is it pays and it must not be pennies or even a few dollars. So... aggregate all that and google makes how much?

You think google know this?

I am pretty confident that it is a low number.

The big quality sites make up most of the revenue. And, the big quality sites will have a lot of their revenue produced from direct traffic.

The crap sites are going to be mainly SERP-generated long-tail traffic. That's where they need to apply the filtering to weed out scraped and processed content.

Edited by EGOL
  • Like 1

Don't think this is gonna happen based on g's track record.

• Like 1

I know a chap who has an adsense site that is a bunch of how to guides. He uses adwords to get traffic and has some highly targeted adsense on each page.

One of his pages is how to replace a ballcock. The adsense is places to buy a ballcock.

It pays for two holidays each year.

• Like 1

That's great that he can use adwords and produce a profit. Cheers for him.

One of his pages is how to replace a ballcock. The adsense is places to buy a ballcock

.Not exactly a crap site. Not in my books anyway unless the content is scraped from other sites..... and good for him for making that £.

Edited by bobbb