Content is so yesterday Earl.

• Like 2

From 1996: Jerry Maquire Now Google's motto:

Every day, day after day: The adsense team lives its motto!!!!

• Like 1

Slap that 300x250 ad above the fold and your rankings are gonna tank. Mark my word.

This is just adsense evangelists recommending stuff and not knowing that the engagement element of the algo is gonna kill the people who do it.

Adsense evangelists try to talk me into doing dumb stuff. I've stopped talkin' to 'em.

..... and its plans to include an ad-blocker in Chrome would further help remove the sorts of frustrating ads users today face.

Google is run by propeller heads. They might do this but when their revenue tanks, the reality will finally hit them.

• Like 1

I hate having to reply via mobile, half the time my reply is scrambled or disappears - before uploading fortunately. Big fingers, small touch points, speel check, interruptions, combine to waste an inordinate amount of time. :( I almost replied twice to no avail, third times the charm!

Remember that in the Google-Web shackup ads are content too! Indeed given the crud MFA - pardon me - quality content the ads are at least as good half the time.

After all Google wouldn't be placing those Adwords right at the top of so many search results if they weren't the very best results for that query! That this is true can be seen in that many queries don't show ads at the top at all!

If as I've shown AdWords for search are such awesome content, surely so too must be AdWords Publisher Solutions! Especially in the skyrocketing mobile venue where so many webdevs are stumbling about not understanding mobile users needs - of course they need quality mobile content aka AdSense immediately on arriving and especially pushing the publisher's own crud content aside is a pure quality content service by Google.

Google AdSense is doing the web a great service by this change! Sheesh, you doom and gloom nay sayers need to get out more or have an enema!

To think that Google's right hand doesn't know what it's left is doing is pure irresponsible tabloid speculation. Bringing up historical examples as evidence is pure chicanery and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

There is no cliff so run on out; and if there is a cliff you can fly because of Magic SEO dust I just happen to have for sale to the first million suckers, ummm webdevs.

:)