send2paul

Firefox Update - Help Needed With New Extensions

Evening all.

Firefox updated. Extensions not working. The two main ones not working are:

Does anyone know of any extensions which can help replace them? I've had a look at a few and searched Mozilla's lists. The problems that it has caused are:

• Font sizes and theme colour of folders etc on the toolbar have all shrunk and I have no way of fixing them. The installed themes you can chose from Mozilla just change the colour but not not allow you to change the size of the fonts.
  • I have to go into the Options/Saved passwords part of Firefox to find my saved passwords which are not auto-filling on websites.

Thanks muchly in advance for any help/advice received. :)

Paul :dancebanana: :dancebanana: :dancebanana:

Does not Language and Appearance in General options change font colour and size?

I often wonder who makes all these global changes all the time in FF. We went from square tabs to rounded one because that was "cool" now we are back to square. That must now be "cool".

Edited by bobbb
  • Like 1

I wish I could get off Firefox, but I don't want The Gorg watching my every move.

I have issues with three different browsers running, plus PS notepad DW, and other folders. Drives me nuts. Maybe I should use a sidebar?

I don't use many extensions so the main pita for me was opening about:config to toggle, blank [ [] ] just about everything [ browser.newtab ]... and wander through preferences just to ensure nothing was altered/improved...

If it is really that much of a bugbear then consider rolling back: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/55.0/win64/en-GB/ until you and/or extension makers get acclimatised.

As a side note this will really separate out the I built it and abandoned it makers. Personally, shrinking the number of etensions, especially those with 'accesses' is already mucking with fingerprinting somewhat, ah well...

• Like 1

Re 'Theme Font & Size Changer' give the following a try:
-> about:config
-> layout.css.devPixelsPerPx
---default is -1.0
---change to 1.25 (Windows default aka font-size=medium aka font-size=16px)
---or whatever you find comfortable at any given time.

Re 'Saved Passwords Button'
I use a Mac so am taking third party direction here for Windows:
-> menu button
-> Options
-> Privacy & Security
-> Saved Logins
---Yes, it's 4-clicks instead of one.

• Like 1

bobbb - hi - "Does not Language and Appearance in General options change font colour and size?" - no, not that I can see. Any font sizes appear to effect the text in the browser window and not the fonts on the toolbars which is what I want to change.

iamlost - hi - Four clicks?!?!? Are you mad, sir?? lol I'll try the "config" route, although I'm not always keen on playing around with "those things"..rolling back to the previous version sounds like a good idea.

Thanks all!

Paul

:dancebanana: :dancebanana: :dancebanana:

It's 5 clicks if you use a master password.

.rolling back to the previous version sounds like a good idea.

Problem with this is you will eventually end up in an Win XP type situation.

Better to bite the bullet now than when you get the warning that your version is no longer supported.

<rant>Less and less options to configure. Who is making all these global changes on a whim it seems. What are they thinking. Everything is an icon. Does no one read anymore or is that becoming a lost art? Luckily we have hover when using a mouse</rant>

Edited by bobbb
  • Like 1

p.s. can't find this: "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx" in about:config

and more info for those suffering the same fate as me... good explanation and possible solution here:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/11/13/customize-firefox-57-with-css/

Edited by send2paul

send2paul: :)

-> open about:config

-> in config search input box type: px

---should give you 3-results one being layout.css.devPixelsPerPx